American Modular Tooling Studio Tools are light weight, modular armatures and tools that bring new opportunities to the pre-prototype and prototype industries. Providing highly accurate work and attachment surfaces, wood, polystyrene, urethane, aluminum and other materials typically used to represent final surfaces may be applied in their raw state and machined while on armature structures.
Studio Tools Solutions
- Milling and display armatures, jigs, fixtures and tools for the modeling and studio industries
- Standard armature units designed for cross-platform use utilizing a common practice approach
- Instrument panels, seat platforms and door trim panels
- Tunnel console milling jigs and door milling jigs
- Modeling tables, in any scale and size – full or half models
- Light weight, modular exterior armatures
- Other available components include casters, levels, hinges, steering column simulators and more.
Mirror tables save time and money while offering excellent display and preview quality. Modeling table jigs are available in 1/3-, half- and full scale model sizes for milling, sculpting and display. Other sizes and scales are available.
Modeling table jig (shown with optional mirror). The adjustable, distortion free mirror moves away from the center line of a 1/2 scale model for easy milling and hand sculpting applications.
Tunnel Console Milling Jig
Tunnel console milling jigs pivot to 90 and 180 degree positions with high accuracy, extending the capabilities of your 3 axis milling systems. Bars, base plates and platforms are flat, square and parallel for both positions and for locating on a plate.
Full Interior Buck
Standard armature units for cross-platform use utilizing a common practice approach, including instrument panel, seat platform and door trim armatures.
Exterior Armature and Milling Jig
- Light weight, modular exterior armature for pre-protoype and prototype industries
- Provides highly accurate work and attachment surfaces
- Holes, located in a precise grid pattern, are used to hold other modular components or to attach vehicle components.
- Used with wood, polystyrene, clay, urethane, aluminum or any other material used to represent final surfaces
- Media may be applied in its raw state and machined or sculpted while still on the armature.
- Initial weight capacity tested to 10,000 lbs.; heavier load values are available on request.
- Modular construction allows expansion in 40mm increments in X (fore/aft), Y (cross-car) and Z (height) directions.
- Adjustable wheel brackets allow the armature to roll easily on standard wheels and tires.
- Wheel brackets provide finer adjustments for wheelbase and tread width.
- Auto-leveling actuators feature 0-10″ of movement up or down, a 24 volt motor, AC power and PLC control.
- Auto-leveling, achieved by pushing a single button on the hand box, is completed in less than two minutes and provides +/- 0.010″ levelness.
- Actuators may be packaged inside or outside the main frame and behind the wheels if required.
- Broken down into segments, this armature can easily be shipped in a 4′ x 5′ box.
- Patent Nr.: US 7,766,388 B1 Modular Base Assembly for Vehicle Model Making.
- Patent Pending: Actuator for a modular base assembly for vehicle model making.
- Patent Nr.: US 7,722,059 B1 Complete Wheel Bracket Assembly for a Modular Base Assembly for Vehicle Model Making.